Pages

Wednesday 23 May 2018

Goodbye, Tranquil Tulips

Hi!

I have another pair of cards for you today, both made using the Tranquil Tulips Hostess stamp set. I think that it's been one of my biggest sellers this year! It's such a gorgeous set, and it's so easy use.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Tranquil Tulips, Milestone Moments, Lots Of Labels Frameilts, Naturally Eclectic DSP

This first card was my own design, and was made for a class during 2017. It's taken me a while to blog it! Looking at it now, I think just about everything I used on it is retiring! The DSP (Naturally Eclectic), sentiment (Milestone Moments), ribbon (Night Of Navy Crinkled Seam Binding) and dies (Lots of Labels Framelits) are all going alongside Tranquil Tulips. I can't recall what colour I stamped the tulips, but the stems and leaves are in Emerald Envy, and that's going too!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Tranquil Tulips, Milestone Moments, Lots Of Labels Frameilts, Naturally Eclectic DSP

I particularly loved the Crinkled Seam binding, mostly because it's so soft and easy to use. If you tied a bow you weren't happy with it was easy to start again - what's a little more crinkle in an already crinkled ribbon?

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Tranquil Tulips, Milestone Moments, Lots Of Labels Frameilts, Naturally Eclectic DSP

I just loved how easy it was to make cards look great with the set. The trio of stems gave the perfect placement for the flowers, making them look awesome every time.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Tranquil Tulips, Thoughts & Prayers, Delightful Daisy DSP

My second card was a more recent class card that was a CASE of this card by Wendy Aungst. Wendy's card was for Easter, but I liked it as a Sympathy card. I used the retiring Thoughts And Prayers for the sentiments. I thought that was a stamp set that would never retire!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Tranquil Tulips, Thoughts & Prayers, Delightful Daisy DSP

I didn't change much else from Wendy's card. I used a different sheet of DSP from the retiring Delightful Daisy pack, and also a different ribbon. I used the Whisper White Organza from the Occasions Catalogue. It's another fabulous ribbon that I will miss! I may need to stock up before it retires.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Tranquil Tulips, Thoughts & Prayers, Delightful Daisy DSP

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.